Warrant of Fitness
WOF Inspections from $52, book one now
When we carry out a WOF inspection on your vehicle, we will thoroughly check it over, explain any safety issues we find and price affordable options to get your vehicle back on the road fast and efficient.
We also take the time note anything else we come across that may need attention in the near future or by your next WOF check, that way you our customer will be prepared for any up coming repairs, NO SURPRISES!
WOF while you wait on request
The WoF inspection is a general safety check. The aspects checked are set out in our Vehicle inspection requirements manual (VIRM) and include:
- tyre condition
- brake operation
- structural condition (rust is not allowed in certain areas)
- glazing (is your windscreen safe?)
- windscreen washers and wipers
- doors (do they open and close safely?)
- safety belts (must not be damaged or overly faded; buckles must work properly)
- airbags (if fitted)
- speedometer (must be working)
- steering and suspension (must be safe and secure)
- exhaust (there must be no leaks and the exhaust must not be smoky or louder than the original exhaust system)
- fuel system (there must be no leaks)
If you've modified your car, motorcycle, van or other light vehicle you may need low volume vehicle certification. Find out if you'll need a certificate plate and how to get one.
What a warrant is not
A WoF is not a pre-purchase inspection. It doesn't include many areas of a vehicle's condition. For example it doesn't check:
- engine, clutch, gearbox and differential
- lubricant levels and condition
- brake pad thickness or life expectancy
- paint work condition and rust in non-structural areas
We offer extensive Pre-purchase inspections to give you piece of mind when purchasing your next vehicle. Book an Inspection
Your WoF Label
If your vehicle passes its WoF inspection, the inspector will apply the WoF label on the inside of your front windscreen, on the driver's side. The punched out circle shows the month your warrant expires. You need to get your next warrant before the expiry date on the label
When your vehicle fails its WoF inspection
We will discuss options available to you to bring your vehicle up to WoF standard.